About Me

My photo
Life is sweet, and this precious chunk of time God has given me on this earth is the sweetest.

My little family :)

My little family :)
This is my husband, Charles, my sweet boy, Andrew and me.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: 8/20/13

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Hi yall! I am glad you decided to come back today!

Today I want to share a recipe with you that I tried this weekend (twice, actually. It was really good. ha) that I found on the Six Sisters' Stuff blog. It's called Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas.

I love any recipe that has the words, "slow cooker," "cheesy," "chicken," or "quesadillas" in it.

So basically I REALLY loved this one. :)




Here's the recipe: 

Ingredients:
-- 4 frozen chicken breasts
-- 1 bell pepper (I did half green, half red) sliced
-- 1 14 oz can of rotel
-- 1 small can of green chilies (4 oz)
-- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
-- flour tortillas
-- 1 (2 cup) package of fiesta blend shredded cheese (or whichever you'd like!)
-- olive oil

Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place your chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Dump in the diced tomatoes, bell peppers, green chilies, and cream cheese. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on LOW o 3-4 hours on HIGH. Once the chicken is cooked, take the chicken out and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker (mix it in and it will absorb some of the juices so it's not so runny) and keep warm until ready to make quesadillas (I did for about 30 minutes).

To make quesadillas, heat a skillet over medium heat. Top half of each tortilla with cheese and a scoop of the chicken mixture (I found it worked best to use a slotted spoon so that I got rid of as much as the juice as possible). Fold the tortilla over and press down. Lightly brush melted butter (or olive oil) on both sides. Cook two filled tortillas at a time (3-4 minutes each; until they are golden brown), turning once.

Top with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole-- whatever you like! Enjoy! (4 servings)


If you love the recipe as much as I did, download and cut out the printable version below! 




Let me know how it went over with your family, and if you made any yummy modifications! :) 

Lyndsey 




No comments:

Post a Comment