About Me

My photo
Life is sweet, and this precious chunk of time God has given me on this earth is the sweetest.

My little family :)

My little family :)
This is my husband, Charles, my sweet boy, Andrew and me.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday's Media: 8/19/13

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com


Hey there!

So this is my first edition of Monday's Media, so let me tell you how Monday's will roll around here..

I will share my opinions on what song, book, video, movie etc. (media) is rocking right now, or is a favorite of mine!

Now, these will be my opinions, obviously, and they may not quite line up with yours. It happens, and it will be okay. :) I would LOVE to read your comments below the post regarding my choices! 

So, to begin:


Song: 
Hurricane, by Natalie Grant (2013)
This song is so powerful! I feel so loved and safe when I think of the lyrics..

"There's a place, there's a place you can run
When you fall, and it's all come undone
You'll be safe in the raging storm
So just let go
'Cause you are held in His arms" 

Quite moving.. 

How amazing it is to know that wherever we are in life, whatever crazy situation life has led us to, God is always here, and we can just let go of everything and fall into His arms. What a blessing!





Book: 
Someday, Someday, Maybe, by Lauren Graham 


This book.. Oh, I am in LOVE. I read it in one night. It made me want to go to New York and be an actress, and I have never had any dream of the sort.... 

besides wanting to live in New York. 

But the cover, doesn't that just scream, "Come to New York, buy a red coat, and ride your bike down a beautifully lit bridge.".... that's what I'm hearing. 

Lauren Graham is possibly my favorite actress.. you may know her from Gilmore Girls or Parenthood.. those are my favorites. Basically, I want to be her best friend. So, when I found out she had a book, AND THAT IT IS GOING TO BE A TV SERIES, I almost had a panic attack. 

It's a must read, fo sho. 






and lastly for this first edition of Monday's Media, 
Movie: Pitch Perfect

Yes, readers, I know that I could have chosen a more "refined" movie for this first edition, but.. it's my opinion. :) 

I love this movie. My love may greatly be attributed to my passion of acapella music, but that doesn't matter. Minus the gross vomit scenes, this movie makes me want to be in an acapella group so badly. I believe that level of persuasion adds to the greatness of the movie. 

I mean, when I watched "The Godfather" I didn't want to join the mafia.. When I watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," I didn't want to move out west. Catch my drift? 

One of my favorite scenes: 





Thank you for reading this post! There will be a variety of topics on Mondays, not just these.. You will find TV shows, my favorite blog posts, articles, and much more! 

Please comment with what you'd like to see, or what your opinions are! I'd love to hear from you! 

Thanks so much, Lyndsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment