About Me

My photo
Life is sweet, and this precious chunk of time God has given me on this earth is the sweetest.

My little family :)

My little family :)
This is my husband, Charles, my sweet boy, Andrew and me.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday's Media: 8/26/13

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com




Movie: "The Shop Around the Corner" (1940) starring James Stewart and Margaret Sullivan


Yall, this movie is wonderful. Most of the time I love anything that has Jimmy Stewart in it, and he did not fail me in this one! I would have to say that it is right up there with "It's a Wonderful Life" for me. I really liked "Shenandoah" also though.. ("It's a Wonderful Life" still wins. Christmas-anything wins.)

The plotline will catch any of you hopeless romantics, like me: A clerk (Stewart) in a store in Belgium has a pen pal that he gets serious with, and he falls in love with her. On the other side of the post office box, the lady (Sullivan) has just got a job as a saleswoman at the same store, and neither of them know that they are actually seeing each other day in and day out. The two go through arguments after arguments, until the day that they are supposed to meet in a restaurant..

Sound familiar to you? Well have you seen "You've Got Mail"?


The story lines are very similar because the latter is based off of "The Shop Around the Corner"! 
It is SO good.. Definitely watch it. 


TV Show: "Lost" 

(Whole series available on Netflix!) 

This show.. It is so addicting. I am not usually one to care about survival on an island stories, but this one.. it is so intriguing. I am not finished with it yet-- I'm in the 4th season, but the plot line weaves a web that connects everyone and everything, and it is so amazing and cool and confusing and exciting and.. wow. 

Book(s): The Lauren Holbrook Series by Erynn Mangum 




This series is loosely based on Jane Austen's Emma. Mangum is such a witty writer; I love the quick humor she uses. She is a Christian fiction writer, and her blog is an enjoyable read! I have read all of her books except for the two latest ones, including the "Maya Davis Series" which is fantastic too. 

I think I want to go back and re-read them now.. Check out her website and read her blog!


Lastly for today, 

Blog: Mrs. Gore's Diary


If you read blogs, click on this link and follow her blog. She is such an inspiring, funny, and REAL author. She is just like you and me, but she makes our crazy lives come to life on the screen with such beautiful language. Some of her posts will make you just boo-hoo. 

My favorite of her posts is "Magic Mike Who?" (<--- Read it here) 

Click on this link and follow her page, you WON'T regret it! :) 



Thanks for reading today's edition of Monday's Media! Let me know what your favorites are, or what you think about any of these! Have a fantastic week! 

Lyndsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment